NERDTORIOUS.com

O-Dub on Jorge Darden
06/01/2010, 9:57 AM
Filed under: Guest Spots | Tags: , ,

“Please Don’t Stop The Music” by Jorge Darden is the B-side to a record currently posted on over at Soul-Sides. Head over there to hear and read more; below is the equally nice flip O-Dub graciously sent us:

Darden’s “Please Don’t Stop the Music” is the B-side to an equally good (though more uptempo track “All Alone” ) and the first I heard it, it reminded me of something J.R. Bailey might have recorded if he was fronting a lounge act. There’s something just ever-so-slightly unpolished here but that’s precisely what holds your attention, the subtle “off”-ness of his vocals, the ways in which he’s trying just a little too hard to nail that intimate “breathy” style. Yet, like the song says, once he starts, you don’t want to stop listening. –Oliver Wang

Advertisements

7 Comments so far

[…] “Alone Again” which I assume it out of Texas (since that’s where Ladonia is). I actually am sharing the b-side of this single on the Nerdtorious site and I’ll repeat the same thing I said over there – what is striking is how Darden has […]

Pingback by WITHOUT LOVE, YOU’LL BE ALONE AGAIN « Soul-Sides.com

It is my great pleasure to visit your website.

Comment by hotfix rhinestones

Thanks very much your sharing

Comment by crystal rhinestones

I am interested in your site,thanks.

Comment by resin flower

Thanks for the information, I think it was really useful for me.

Comment by crystal beads

I actually have the original recording (a 45) of this (“please don’t stop the music” from Mastering Lab in California where he lived. I was left it by his wife. I am not sure how it came to be by Ladonia (out of Texas), but as far as I know he resided in California. I also have another original recording “A soldiers Prayer”, but have not listened to either yet (they are pretty dirty at the moment).

Comment by Melanie

I am sure this post has touched all the
internet people, its really really fastidious post on building up new webpage.

Comment by adelgazar ya